AUSTIN ROSE CARE HOME – 90 Alvechurch Road, West Heath, Birmingham, B31 3QW
AUSTIN ROSE CARE HOME part of the MACC CARE GROUP is looking for CHEF to join our friendly and dedicated team. AUSTIN ROSE is a modern, purpose-built care home with state-of-the-art facilities providing a luxury, stress free environment designed to support residents’ daily lives and maximise their quality of life. At AUSTIN ROSE we believe it is people that make a happy home and the care, dedication and professionalism of our team drives what we do.
MACC CARE is a growing organisation dedicated to making each home EXCEPTIONAL with BEAUTIFUL interiors and utilising INNOVATIVE technologies. PASSIONATE and COMMITTED to providing a home-from-home for those no-longer able to manage daily life without regular care or nursing assistance. We pride ourselves on providing our residents with the highest standards of care and services by employing the best people who share our core values that encompass LOVE, CARING and COMPASSION.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- A passion for food
- Experience in a Head Chef role who is very hands on as you will be required to cook and train the team
- City & Guilds or equivalent qualification at Advanced level
- Current Advanced Food Hygiene certificate
- Experience of developing and producing well balanced, nutritious high-quality meals using fresh ingredients.
- Proven strong leadership skills as you will be required to lead and motivate your team
- Excellent understanding of nutrition requirements for the elderly
- Exceptional standards in all aspects of food service
- Compassion and kindness who has a real understanding of the important part that quality food will play in our residents’ lives.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Proven track record of continually improving standards and achieving targets.
- Strong budgetary control and purchasing skills
- Creativity and innovation
- Professionalism, enthusiasm and commitment
- Reliability and drive to always give their personal best.
- The desire for personal development and continuous improvement
WHAT WILL YOUR ROLE INCLUDE?
- Responsibility for the smooth and efficient organisation of kitchen and kitchen staff.
- Food preparation, cooking and serving of delicious and nutritious hot and cold meals.
- Ensuring residents receive a varied, appealing, wholesome and nutritious diet, which is suited to individually assessed needs.
- Providing for special dietary requirements and the preferences of individuals
- Developing and planning 4 weekly seasonal menus
- Presentation of food in a manner which is attractive and appealing in terms of texture, flavour, and appearance.
- Ordering of food provisions and kitchen cleaning products maintaining budgetary control
- Ensuring the hygiene and cleanliness of the kitchen is maintained to the standards required by the Environmental Health Agencies and company policy
- Provision of celebratory food to recognise national holidays, special days and service user birthdays and anniversaries.
- Responsibility for staff recruitment/management/performance etc.
WHAT WE WILL OFFER YOU:
- A competitive starting salary with the opportunity to increase this through training and development
- Comprehensive induction and on-going training and development
- Uniform provided
- DBS fee refunded*
- Paid time for mandatory training*
- Contributory pension scheme*
- 28 days annual leave, including statutory bank holidays (pro-rata for part time)
- Funded training opportunities*
- Free on-site car parking
- Staff shower and changing facilities
- Staff rest room & food storage/preparation facilities
- Staff access to gym facilities*
** Terms Apply
Care home address
90 Alvechurch Road, West Heath, Birmingham B31 3QW
ENQUIRY LINE - 0121 271 0800