AUSTIN ROSE CARE HOME – 90 Alvechurch Road, West Heath, Birmingham, B31 3QW
AUSTIN ROSE CARE HOME part of the MACC CARE GROUP is looking for DOMESTIC ASSISTANT – LAUNDRY to join our friendly and dedicated team. AUSTIN ROSE is a modern, purpose-built care home with state-of-the-art facilities providing a luxury, stress free environment designed to support residents’ daily lives and maximise their quality of life. At AUSTIN ROSE we believe it is people that make a happy home and the care, dedication and professionalism of our team drives what we do.
MACC CARE is a growing organisation dedicated to making each home EXCEPTIONAL with BEAUTIFUL interiors and utilising INNOVATIVE technologies. PASSIONATE and COMMITTED to providing a home-from-home for those no-longer able to manage daily life without regular care or nursing assistance. We pride ourselves on providing our residents with the highest standards of care by employing the best people who share our core values that encompass LOVE, CARING and COMPASSION.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
· Experience in a care environment, or a genuine desire to develop a career in this rewarding field.
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to work well as part of a dedicated team
· A respectful, caring and compassionate nature
· A willingness to ‘go the extra mile’
· Enthusiasm and commitment
· A belief in being reliable and always giving your personal best
· Health and Safety
· Understanding of COSHH
WHAT WILL YOUR ROLE INCLUDE?
· To ensure the laundry of residents clothing is to the highest standard, including ironing.
· Ensure the laundry is collected and returned to the correct area of the home on a regular basis, and personal clothing of residents is put away in a neat and tidy manner.
· Ensure that all residents’ wardrobes and clothing drawers are kept clean, neat and tidy.
· Ensure that the laundry equipment is correctly and safely used and kept in a safe condition. Report any defect to the Head Housekeeper or maintenance person.
· To be sensitive to the privacy and individual needs of the residents.
· To comply with COSHH regulations.
· To ensure the correct use of Personal Protective Equipment.
· To follow the correct use of colour code systems within the home
· To ensure all necessary documentation is completed daily.
· To maintain standards of infection control within the laundry area and generally within the home and to assist residents to maintain their own infection control needs.
WHAT WE WILL OFFER YOU:
· A competitive starting salary with the opportunity to increase this through training and development
· Comprehensive induction and on-going training and development
· Uniform provided
· DBS fee refunded*
· Paid time for mandatory training*
· Contributory pension scheme*
· 28 days annual leave, including statutory bank holidays (pro-rata for part time)
· Funded training opportunities*
· Free on-site car parking
· Staff shower and changing facilities
· Staff rest room & food storage/preparation facilities
· Staff accommodation available*
Care home address
90 Alvechurch Road, West Heath, Birmingham B31 3QW
ENQUIRY LINE - 0121 271 0800