AUSTIN ROSE CARE HOME – 90 Alvechurch Road, West Heath, Birmingham, B31 3QW
Rate of pay – £9.23 per hour
Full time hours – Nights
AUSTIN ROSE CARE HOME part of the MACC CARE GROUP is looking for SENIOR HEALTH CARE ASSISTANTS to join our friendly and dedicated team. AUSTIN ROSE is a modern, purpose-built care home with state-of-the-art facilities providing a luxury, stress free environment designed to support residents’ daily lives and maximise their quality of life. At AUSTIN ROSE we believe it is people that make a happy home and the care, dedication and professionalism of our team drives what we do.
MACC CARE is a growing organisation dedicated to making each home EXCEPTIONAL with BEAUTIFUL interiors and utilising INNOVATIVE technologies. PASSIONATE and COMMITTED to providing a home-from-home for those no-longer able to manage daily life without regular care or nursing assistance. We pride ourselves on providing our residents with the highest standards of care by employing the best people who share our core values that encompass LOVE, CARING and COMPASSION.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Experience working in a care setting and have an NVQ3 in care or equivalent and will need to complete Macc Care medication awareness training
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well as part of a dedicated team
- A respectful, caring and compassionate nature
- A willingness to ‘go the extra mile’
- Enthusiasm and commitment
- A belief in being reliable and always giving your personal best.
- The desire for personal development and continuous improvement
WHAT WILL YOUR ROLE INCLUDE?
- Working under the direction of a Registered Nurse and supporting the Nurse to complete monthly and weekly checks to monitor the health of our residents and reporting any significant changes
- Administering medication in line with the Macc Care medication policy and assist in keeping accurate records.
- You will be responsible for the physical and emotional well-being and social needs of our residents.
- Assisting residents with their personal care such as personal hygiene, washing, dressing and assisting with eating and drinking.
- Providing physical and mental stimulation by taking part in recreational and social activities with residents, both individually and as a group.
- Maintaining accurate care records on the electronic care plan system
- Undertaking ongoing training and getting involved in welcoming and supporting new staff.
- Promoting our resident’s independence and dignity by delivering the highest standards of care.
- You will be required to work within a flexible 7-day rota
WHAT WE WILL OFFER YOU:
- A competitive starting salary with the opportunity to increase this through training and development
- Comprehensive induction and on-going training and development
- Uniform provided
- DBS fee refunded*
- Paid time for mandatory training*
- Contributory pension scheme*
- 28 days annual leave, including statutory bank holidays (pro-rata for part time)
- Funded training opportunities*
- Free on-site car parking
- Staff changing facilities
- Staff rest room & food storage/preparation facilities
- Staff access to gym facilities*
An enhanced DBS application will be required for all successful applicants.
Care home address
90 Alvechurch Road, West Heath, Birmingham B31 3QW