DORA ROSE CARE HOME – Brocton Road, Milford, Stafford, ST17 0UH
DORA ROSE CARE HOME part of the MACC CARE GROUP is looking for KITCHEN ASSISTANT to join our friendly and dedicated team. DORA ROSE is a 71-bed state-of-the-art care home offering a range of luxury facilities and living spaces designed specifically around care and comfort. The spirit of DORA ROSE is brought to life by the care team who enjoy working in exceptional surroundings and go above and beyond for the residents and their families.
MACC CARE is a growing organisation dedicated to making each home EXCEPTIONAL with BEAUTIFUL interiors and utilising INNOVATIVE technologies. PASSIONATE and COMMITTED to providing a home-from-home for those no-longer able to manage daily life without regular care or nursing assistance. We pride ourselves on providing our residents with the highest standards of care and services by employing the best people who share our core values that encompass LOVE, CARING and COMPASSION.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Experience in a care environment
- A positive attitude towards maintaining a high standard of cleanliness within the kitchen
- Honest, trustworthy and polite
- Excellent time keeping
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to cope under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- A respectful, caring and compassionate nature
- A willingness to ‘go the extra mile’
- Enthusiasm and commitment
- Willingness to undergo relevant training to enhance knowledge and practice, and to attend all mandatory training
- The desire for personal development and continuous improvement
WHAT WILL YOUR ROLE INCLUDE?
- To cook and serve both hot and cold food and to meet any dietary requirements of the residents
- Assisting the Chef with meal preparation
- To ensure that all kitchen equipment and kitchen areas are cleaned according to the cleaning schedules.
- To ensure statutory and Company Health and Safety Regulations are adhered to.
- To ensure correct storage of all dry and perishable cook chill goods as soon as possible after receipt and checking.
- To ensure the correct, safe storage of cleaning materials.
- To ensure that all pots, pans, cooking utensils and service counter containers are cleaned to the required standards and correctly stored after cleaning.
- Carry out any other reasonable instructions given by the Head Chef and/or Home Manager.
WHAT WE WILL OFFER YOU:
- A competitive starting salary with the opportunity to increase this through training and development
- Comprehensive induction and on-going training and development
- Uniform provided
- DBS fee refunded*
- Paid time for mandatory training*
- Contributory pension scheme*
- 28 days annual leave, including statutory bank holidays (pro-rata for part time)
- Funded training opportunities*
- Free on-site car parking
- Staff rest room & food storage/preparation facilities