PRIESTLEY ROSE NURSING HOME, 114 Bromford Lane, Erdington, Birmingham, B24 8BZ
PART TIME – 18 HOURS
PRIESTLEY ROSE NURSING HOME part of the MACC CARE GROUP is looking for KITCHEN ASSISTANT to join our friendly and dedicated team. PRIESTLEY ROSE is a 45-bed nursing home that provides a warm ambience and its sunny disposition is maintained by the excellent team of carers, many of whom have worked at the home for over a decade. The team at PRIESTLEY ROSE offers care with kindness, dedication and compassion and we believe it is people that make a happy home and the care, and professionalism of our team drives what we do.
MACC CARE is a growing organisation dedicated to making each home EXCEPTIONAL with BEAUTIFUL interiors and utilising INNOVATIVE technologies. PASSIONATE and COMMITTED to providing a home-from-home for those no-longer able to manage daily life without regular care or nursing assistance. We pride ourselves on providing our residents with the highest standards of care by employing the best people who share our core values that encompass LOVE, CARING and COMPASSION.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Experience in a care environment
- A positive attitude towards maintaining a high standard of cleanliness within the kitchen
- Honest, trustworthy and polite
- Excellent time keeping
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to cope under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- A respectful, caring and compassionate nature
- A willingness to ‘go the extra mile’
- Enthusiasm and commitment
- Willingness to undergo relevant training to enhance knowledge and practice, and to attend all mandatory training
- The desire for personal development and continuous improvement
WHAT WILL YOUR ROLE INCLUDE?
- To cook and serve both hot and cold food and to meet any dietary requirements of the residents
- Assisting the Chef with meal preparation
- To ensure that all kitchen equipment and kitchen areas are cleaned according to the cleaning schedules.
- To ensure statutory and Company Health and Safety Regulations are adhered to.
- To ensure correct storage of all dry and perishable cook chill goods as soon as possible after receipt and checking.
- To ensure the correct, safe storage of cleaning materials.
- To ensure that all pots, pans, cooking utensils and service counter containers are cleaned to the required standards and correctly stored after cleaning.
- Carry out any other reasonable instructions given by the Head Chef and/or Home Manager.
WHAT WE WILL OFFER YOU:
- A competitive starting salary with the opportunity to increase this through training and development
- Comprehensive induction and on-going training and development
- Uniform provided
- DBS fee refunded*
- Paid time for mandatory training*
- Contributory pension scheme*
- 28 days annual leave, including statutory bank holidays (pro-rata for part time)
- Funded training opportunities*
- Free on-site car parking
- Staff rest room & food storage/preparation facilities
Care home address
114 Bromford Lane, Birmingham B24 8BZ
ENQUIRY LINE - 0121 271 0800