WULFRUN ROSE NURSING HOME, Underhill Lane, Bushbury, Wolverhampton, WV10 8LP
SHIFT – Full Time
WULFRUN ROSE NURSING HOME part of the MACC CARE GROUP is looking for a COOK to join our friendly and dedicated team. WULFRUN ROSE is a 67-bed modern, purpose built, state-of-the-art luxury nursing home with facilities that are second to none that provide comfortable stress-free environments allowing our residents to maximise their quality of life. The team at WULFRUN ROSE offers care with kindness, dedication and compassion to residents as part of their extended family.
MACC CARE is a growing organisation dedicated to making each home EXCEPTIONAL with BEAUTIFUL interiors and utilising INNOVATIVE technologies. PASSIONATE and COMMITTED to providing a home-from-home for those no-longer able to manage daily life without regular care or nursing assistance. We pride ourselves on providing our residents with the highest standards of care by employing the best people who share our core values that encompass LOVE, CARING and COMPASSION.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- A passion for food
- Experience in a commercial kitchen
- City & Guilds qualification or extensive experience in similar role.
- Current Advanced Food Hygiene certificate
- Experience of producing well balanced, nutritious high-quality meals using fresh ingredients.
- Excellent baking and pastry skills
- Exceptional standards in all aspects of food service
- Compassion and kindness who has a real understanding of the important part that quality food will play in our residents’ lives.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Professionalism, enthusiasm and commitment
- Reliability and drive to always give their personal best.
- The desire for personal development and continuous improvement
WHAT WILL YOUR ROLE INCLUDE?
- Responsibility for the smooth and efficient organisation of kitchen and kitchen staff in absence of Head Chef.
- Food preparation, cooking and serving of delicious and nutritious hot and cold meals.
- Ensuring residents receive a varied, appealing, wholesome and nutritious diet, which is suited to individually assessed needs.
- Providing for special dietary requirements and the preferences of individuals
- Presentation of food in a manner which is attractive and appealing in terms of texture, flavour, and appearance.
- Ensuring the hygiene and cleanliness of the kitchen is maintained to the standards required by the Environmental Health Agencies and company policy
- Provision of celebratory food to recognise national holidays, special days and service user birthdays and anniversaries.
WHAT WE WILL OFFER YOU:
- A competitive starting salary with the opportunity to increase this through training and development
- Comprehensive induction and on-going training and development
- Uniform provided
- DBS fee refunded*
- Paid time for mandatory training*
- Contributory pension scheme*
- 28 days annual leave, including statutory bank holidays (pro-rata for part time)
- Funded training opportunities*
- Free on-site car parking
- Staff shower and changing facilities
- Staff rest room & food storage/preparation facilities
- Staff access to gym facilities*
Care home address
Underhill Lane, Wolverhampton WV10 8LP
ENQUIRY LINE - 0121 271 0800